Painless! Breast Augmentation Surgery Day @DrWigoda Fort Lauderdale

5:30 am

Waking up was a little surreal. I’m scared and anxious, but I think I figured out why. As a Type A (aka Control Freak), I will be out of control when I go under the anesthesia. Driving down to Dr. Wigoda’s Fort Lauderdale office in the rain.

Dr Wigoda Painless Breast Implants Surgery

Dr Wigoda Painless Breast Implants Surgery TODAY!

8:00 am

Check in to Dr. Wigoda’s on @foursquare, of course! A pregnancy test confirms I am NOT pregnant, thank you very much. In the prep room the Wigoda plastic surgery A team gets me dressed for surgery in style, IV in, and whatever they are telling me is not registering because I can’t think straight. With Navah and Don as my support team, how could I go wrong? Navah captured the YouTube moment while Don filled my meds.

8:30 am

Dr. Wigoda comes in to tell me I need to make a decision on size. I’m nervous to be too big, but decide on 370 cc (the bigger of my two choices).  According to everyone at The Aesthetics Institute, 90% of breast implant patients wish they went bigger, the other 10% are ok with size, nobody wishes for smaller. So why be the first? I go with bigger.

Painless Breast Implant sizes

9:00 am

Surgery table in sight, trying to get those last text messages in on iPhone, kisses to my boyfriend and Navah. Will I wake up to see them again? (random thought running through my head) So if I die, at my funeral the whisper would be: How did she die? Answer: On the operating room table getting breast implant surgery. This is so anti-me, I decide God would not let that happen.

The Wigoda “A” team ask me what kind of cocktails I like, I say cosmo, they start the IV and I’m out. Anesthesiologist Dr. Paul Rodriquez makes the perfect cocktail!

My cocktail of choice!

My cocktail of choice!

11:15 am

I hear someone softly saying “Lisa.”  I open my eyes and feel such a sense of relief that I am alive, I look down at my chest, I think ‘ok, nothing crazy’, looks good. I feel emotional and want to hold everyone’s hand. Nurses Erica, Rocky, Lucy could not have been more comforting, like my new BFFs! By 11:45 I was back in my Juicy tracksuit and in the car on my way home (Don in the driver seat).

1:00 pm

I am in no pain, just feeling groggy from the anesthesia. I eat a Jello, some chicken broth and take my prescribed pills of pain killers, steroids, muscle relaxers and antibiotics. I feel like I can talk on the phone and text, but Don says I shouldn’t because I won’t remember anything. I am super thirsty and drink tons of water. Dozing in and out of Oprah, Rachel Ray and Dr. Oz seems like a nice break from social media networks.

4:00 pm

I ate some chicken and salad and have been walking around a little. I can even walk up and down the stairs and get out of bed myself! Dr. Wigoda just called to check in with me. He said keep lifting my arms every hour, I’ll be following doctor’s orders!

8:00 pm

Nurse Don’s (my boyfriend) shift ends, he feels so good about me feeling good; he is off to the gym and I am off to Twitter!

Stay connected with Dr. Wigoda on @DrWigoda, “Like” Dr Wigoda and Watch Dr Wigoda’s YouTube channel. Follow me through my painless breast implant surgery on Dr. Wigoda’s Blog and leave comments or questions!